TalkingSnake

If the first talking snake had kept shtum, we wouldn't be here. Eve wouldn't have eaten the forbidden fruit. But she listened and was curious. So she fell into humanity, thank God. Good old snake, say I. I celebrate its independence of mind. Satan? Neh, that's a later interpretation. The snake was part of the divine purpose. God allowed it into the garden, aware of its linguistic abilities. He knew what would happen. Jesus commended dove-like innocence. AND the wisdom ... of the snake.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

OK, I chose my name, set up the blog.

Then I googled on "talking snake" and straightaway found

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/talkingsnake.html

which might have made me choose another one. Then again, it might not. Sorry, I just lurve Landover Baptist. I know, I know, they are very naughty and I suspect not on the side of the angels. But they make me laugh and their satire (as here) is often very well targeted. Look, if you don't have a reasonably broad mind don't follow the link, and if you do, don't say I didn't warn you. This is the snake trying NOT to lead you into temptation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home